Door County offers many local attractions, entertainment, travel and dining experiences; enjoy some today!
- Sturgeon Bay Visitors Center – Enjoy Door County’s premier City year round. Sturgeon Bay, Door County offers the finest selection of charming restaurants, welcoming accommodations, artistic shops, galleries and museums….all surrounded by the relaxing beauty of the historic waterfront. Fun festivals, nearby state parks and more activities than anywhere on the peninsula! The Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center is located in downtown Sturgeon Bay
- The Farm – A Living Museum of Rural America – “Children and adults as well, are likely to be charmed, entertained and educated.” The Farm is a delight for people of all ages. The Farm is a blending of cultural, historical, agricultural, ecological, recreational and educational values.
- Door County Trolley – See Door County Wisconsin in a unique way. Fun for the whole family. Year round tours & sleigh rides.
- Door County Kayak Tours - When you go kayaking with a Guided Door County Kayak Tour you will be able to relax and take in some of the most beautiful scenery in the midwest. In this fast-paced world of work, traffic, kids and life we understand how important quality travel is these days. Besides the scenery, it is our guides who will make your tour. We welcome beginners and enjoy the opportunity to teach and encourage your new kayaking activity. Most people have never kayaked before or only have used a rental.
- Door County Chamber of Commerce -Praised by travel writers and visitors from around the world, Wisconsin’s Door County is often referred to as the Cape Cod of the Midwest. With five state parks, eleven lighthouses and 300 miles of shoreline, this 70-mile long sliver of land that juts out into Lake Michigan combines pristine scenery with acclaimed performing arts, renowned galleries and shops, and pampering accommodations at the Stone Harbor Resort. Small wonder it was named one of the top ten vacation destinations in North America by Money Magazine and that each year more than 2 million visitors claim this jewel as their own.
- Door County Government Website -Door County Government, established in 1851, provides services to the County’s 30,000 year round residents as well as a seasonal population whose size fluctuates throughout the year. The county seat is the City of Sturgeon Bay. The county consists of the city, fourteen towns and four villages covering the 492 square miles of the Door Peninsula.Door County’s over 300 miles of shoreline, five state parks, nineteen county parks, and year round activities offer many the chance to relax and unwind. Throughout the changing seasons, each of the towns and villages, offers something for everyone. Activities are endless – art galleries, live music and theatre, cherry and apple orchards, golfing, boating, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and the list goes on. The changing seasons add to the beauty of the peninsula.
- Door County Advocate Newspaper - Door County Wisconsin News - doorcountyadvocate.com is the home page of Door County Wisconsin with in depth and updated Door County local news.
- Door County Daily News - local Door County news
- Door County Economic Development Corporation – While many relish the Door County Peninsula as a vacation destination, it’s also known for its thriving business climate energized with companies whose products are marketed locally and globally. People like the way business gets done here, in a relaxed atmosphere enhanced by extraordinary natural beauty. A century of shipbuilding serves as a solid foundation for a rapidly growing collection of manufacturing and service industries. A skilled workforce, brimming with ambition and a strong work ethic, helps foster their success.
- Steel Bridge Songfest – Save the dates for Steel Bridge 2013 June 13-16!!!! -They started as a grassroots group called “the SOBs” (Save Our Bridge) about 11 years ago, organized to save the historic Michigan Street Bridge from the scheduled wrecking ball. Around 2005, we became Citizens for Our Bridge (CFOB), a 501(c)3 non-profit. to build public appreciation for the historic structure, a week-long celebration is held every June.
- Door County Maritime Museum – Open 7 Days a Week 10:00am to 5:00pm.120 N. Madison Ave, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235. (920) 743-5958
- Segway the Door Tours - Journey your way round Door County with Segway the Door Tours. Perhaps a visit to Peninsula State Park in Fish Creek, or maybe Baileys Harbor Lighthouses in Baileys Harbor, a Ellison Bluff Tour in Ellison Bay/ Sister Bay or the Everything Sturgeon Bay Tour. Possibly a shorter Door County Tour is what you have in mind or a visit to Washington Island. Tours run DAILY at 10:00AM, 2:00PM, and 5:00PM being flexible on tour times. Segway with us, you’ll be glad you did.
- Art of Exposure, Photos by Tammy Lutze – Tammy can capture a photo to perfection. You will absolutely love her photos and as you get to know and work with her you can watch her passions come through in her work. Tammy will continue on even after the wedding, completing family photos of you and your children and other life changing events. A true testament to a happy customer is a customer who keeps coming back – and many have!